Sunday, September 24, 2006

18 days and counting.....

Hello

Well, I am officially the ugly pregnant lady! I got a look at myself today in the mirror, oh goodness, not pretty. I have heard that when your pregnant with a girl you tend not to look as good, I concure! Oh well, its worth it for my little bundle of joy! I think its that my skin and hair have been looking quite crappy for the entire pregnancy and my stomach looks like she is sticking her legs straight out! Everyone that sees me is like, "How are you doing" with such pity in their voices, its funny! I have to say, I feel great. I am so thankful for the blessing that this pregnancy has been, the peace I have experienced really taught me so much. I truly haven't had any truly psycho moments. Jeff still reminds me of when I was like 34 weeks with Matthew and he didn't move even though I drank a ton of water and pop and I went crazy. I felt such panic. Can't say I miss that, no fun!

I do think I will really miss being pregnant, I have really enjoyed all the movement. Its so amazing, such a miracle. That seems like such an understatement, that its not a big enough word for all that it entails. I find myself thinking alot about what she will look like, will she have a ton of hair, will it be red like Daddy's was when he was little, will she have big feet like her brother? I can't wait for that first look and the first hold, there is nothing like it in the world and I can see why people have six kids, its addictive!!

As far as being ready, I believe we are, of course my nesting instinct kicked in big time, cleaning bathrooms, washing out the fridge, keeping up on laundry, which in our house means washing it and putting it away within two days, I really HATE laundry! Having the floors vaccummed everyday. As if that will make things less crazy around here, please! Of course Papa Azzaro is coming and his freaky cleanliness will have this house in tip top shape!

I think I have delgated my church duties off on others for October at least. But, I have agreed to host and lead a young married small group and will be helping in the planning for our L3 team, helping out with the daycare at MOPS and I still have BSF so I will still be busy. Mostly, I just have to worry about recovering from the c sec! That is the part that was hard last time, I wanted to do more but couldn't because of that recovery.

Sorry about the ramblings, I will most likely post again, unless Caroline arrives early in which case, it might take me 3 weeks to walk downstairs and post pics!

Wish me luck!:)
S

5 comments:

Josh Buck said...

It better not take more than 3 DAYS!!!! Three weeks... ha ha ha. Do you hear the tone of voice. There are some of us who will want to see pics b/c we can't see the baby in person!!! That's what the laptop in the hospital is for.

Jennifer said...

Yay! 18 more days and we get to meet Caroline:) It is such an exciting time for your family, I'll be praying for you!!

HP and Diane said...

I am so excited for you and Jeff, Sue.. and Matthew too of course. We're excited to meet your little bundle of joy! I can not imagine you NOT posting on your blog! They may not be as looong; but know that we'll be looking forward to seeing little Caroline!

HP and Diane said...

I am so excited for you and Jeff, Sue.. and Matthew too of course. We're excited to meet your little bundle of joy! I can not imagine you NOT posting on your blog! They may not be as looong; but know that we'll be looking forward to seeing little Caroline!

Holly said...

WOW, you're almost there!!! You're making me jealous w/all the talk about feeling the baby inside and the anticipation of meeting this new little life :) I can't wait to meet Miss Caroline!!!