Tuesday, April 27, 2021

 

I saw this on a blog I read regularly and thought it would be neat to answer them to read back on one day!


1. Life in early 2020 was busy with kids activities. Hockey, swimming and school took up much of our time. Jeff was commuting an hour to an hour and half each way to work. 

2. The biggest change was life came to a screeching halt. School stopped, sports stopped, Jeff and I began working from home. Well, one of my jobs briefly went remote. I continued to go in for my palliative care job. 

3. At first it was to cook more and just enjoy the slow down. We ordered Home Chef and stopped eating out completely. We used more of what we had in our pantry. However we certainly indulged in more comfort foods. Hence the quarantine weight we've worked hard to take off! 

4. The biggest change I would say is our kids got some much closer. The girls especially spent nearly all their time together. Some days it felt like an extended break for a holiday. It wasn't bad at all until I went to work and saw the gruesome reality of covid. 

5. I will remember how it impacted my work life most. It has been devastating helping families through covid. The visitor restrictions have been brutal. I will never forget how surreal the hospital felt during April 2020. It felt like you were in a war. I will remember how when I would drive in to the hospital there was literally no one else on the road but me on a Monday morning. I will remember thinking that our kids went weeks without leaving the house. 

6. My biggest challenge was having to support people through a crisis we've never experienced in our lifetime. Although it was a challenge I definitely saw the best in my healthcare coworkers. 

7. A beautiful memory was when a patient died and no family could be there. A group of us stood around their bed and said the "Our father". 

8. I believe that you don't have control over one dang thing in this life so stop sweating the small stuff and live. I can't believe how much my views on animals have changed since we added our precious puppy, Winston to our home last May.

9. I don't think I would do anything differently! I think we all did the best we could. 

10. I will carry forward that I am lucky to have survived the pandemic relatively unscathed. Being so close to those who lost so much I know how blessed I am. I will carry forward how hard the healthcare community worked. I will carry forward that there is more good in people than bad. 

No comments: