Saturday, February 09, 2008

Dentists and doctors

Matthew went to the dentist for the first time this week. He did really well. I was afraid that the dentist would yell at me for still allowing him to have his pacies but he did not. We are at least thinking about starting to get rid of them, that has to count for something right!
I went for my 6 week check up in Grand Rapids yesterday. I am officially 54 pounds less than when I began this journey on December 3! One discouraging thing is I have been really nauseous alot and throwing up too much. I know, TMI! They think I may have a stricture, which is a narrowing of the connection between the intenstine and stomach. So, even less food can get in. Now, I know this will sound weird but part of me doesn't mind it, the nausea and throwing up. I have grown use to it I guess. But, I also know if I keep it up I will end up malnourished and bald! Not a pretty picture! So, they will go in next week with a scope and blow it open a little further. I of course asked what happens if they make it too big? Apparently that doesn't happen. I am just hoping it makes eating a little less awful and I can continue to move on but in a healthier manner.
This weekend is pretty quiet. Jeff is of course working today. Tonight our nieces are coming over for a movie night. Tommorrow we have nursery duty and then I am going to our high school's production of "Thoroughly Modern Millie " with some friends and out to dinner.
Hope your having a great weekend!
S

No comments: