Sunday, April 15, 2007

Stuff Happens and God is so Good!

So your all probably thinking, man she is all over the board and yes..I am! After spending the weekend praying a lot about my friends situation I have come to a better place about it. I think on Friday, I was just feeling like," How could something more happen to this women ,to this family. I mean in addition to her sister in law, brother in law, niece and her husband being killed by her nephew in Sept 2005, she has lost a son to a devastating brain disease which left him blind and deaf for years before it took his life, lost a brother to a fire he was fighting as a firefighter, another sister in law to a drunk driving accident and now she found out that the husband she has trusted for her entire adult life has stolen her life savings and that of her alzheimer ridden mothers. I think part of my anger on Friday was most defintely toward this man, who is like an uncle to me and my siblings, I have known him all my life. Its as shocking to me as finding out that my dad did something like this. Each morning that I have woken since finding out I think, "Was that a dream? That couldn't really be happening?" and then I realize, yes it is the reality. Our friend is staying with my parents right now and I had a chance to briefly speak to her and was felt like I couldn't speak, literally I had trouble forming the words.

God is so good because he totally sent the Pastor's message for me today..literally it was titled, "Why Bad things happen Good people" and it just reaffirmed to me what I know in my brain, that God will not forsake those who love Him, that He will carry us all through any "stuff" life might send my way. I just can't stand to watch this women and her remaining family suffer anymore, it literally hurts my heart. I have laid awake the last several nights with tears streaming down my face, I want to make it better. So, I will pray, I will lean on God and do whatever I can do to support my mom, her best friend, to help her through this. I take great solace in knowing that whatever "Stuff" we deal with here on Earth is so fleeting, even if it seems eternal at the time and that in the end, when we just begin, that through what Christ did for us, there will be no more loss, no more grief, only eternal, abundant life!

S

1 comment:

Holly said...

It was a good sermon on Sunday! I needed to hear it too, although God had already affirmed to me that He never leaves me by getting me the job....YAY GOD!