Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Eve of..

40! Are you sick to death of reading about my impending birthday?! I know my husband, and I am sure many of my friends are! I can't help it, I have always loved my birthday. A day that truly you are able to make all about you, what fun! Tomorrow will be a regular day, filled with work and getting ready for our trip to FLORIDA on Thursday. I am so excited to escape this life here for awhile. Work has been heavy and life as we know, it even heavier. I can not wait to just "Be" somewhere that's not here! The sun, pool and beach certainly won't be hard to take either! Time to be with my husband and my kids. I am determined to just take each day as it comes and make fantastic, forever memories with the kids. They are so excited about their first flights and their first "real trip". This trip comes at a perfect time really, the day after such a milestone birthday.  Having time to renew my weary soul. Having moments of sweetness with my kids and my husband who has tolerated this crazy soul for 20 of my 40 years! A couple of nights ago after a tearful conversation I looked at him and said, "So how come you stick it out with me, Simpson?" He just smiled at me with that wise grin I have come to fiercely depend on. I think, in that moment,  I realized his love is the greatest gift this 40 year old could have ever received. Here's hoping to a magical time for us as we head out! See you when I am 40! And I hereby promise to never mention my birthday again...this year:)!

No comments: