Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Like mother , like son...

Ok, so all you fellow bloggers know I can be a bit consumed with death and dying..apparently its genetic. Ever since Matthew saw "Lion King" in July he has been obsessed with the death scene between Scar and Musafa. He will literally play it all day. I ended up "banning" it from our home b/c of it. This has not derailed him very much. I told him when school was starting that I didn't want him playing "Lion King" at school and he looked at me with his big blue eyes and said,"Ok, but I can play Moses or Jonah?" I laughed to myself and thought.."Yes, go biblical..heck its a Christian school..they will love it!" :) So yesterday I wanted to see if he might like Annie, we tried it once at my sister's house and I thought he didn't really like it b/c he didn't seem to pay much attention. After about ten minutes he said " What happened to Annie's parents?" I said, " I am not sure" and then he looked at me very seriously and said,
"Yes you do, remember when we were at Aunt Jenn's and we were watching it with Claire and Patrick and they said it was b/c they died in a fire. Why aren't you telling me that? " I wanted to crack up laughing again but decided I would answer my three year old who was reasoning like a 10 year old with a 10 year old response. I said, " I didn't want to focus on that b/c then you'll obsess over that." He just shrugged and said, " I don't like this movie..can I watch LION KING?" and the battle continues!

No comments: