Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Snow, rain...water in your basement!

Is the end coming or what? What is up with this weather!! After endless days of snow and ice came the flood like rains of Sunday. Jeff mentioned that he hoped we wouldn't get water in our basement. Of course, he never checked it out..bad hubbie! Anyways, I was playing with the kids down here yesterday when Matthew wanted a box, when I picked it up I noticed it was soaking wet. I then discovered two areas that were pretty saturated on either side of the playroom and computer room. Thankfully, its not a huge area but we can't really figure out where the water is coming from without ripping out much of the drywall. We have it nearly dried out but it does concern me. Ahh, the joys of homeownership and midwest living.
Bible study last night was AWESOME again. I had a total Ah ha moment. In the discussion portion I disclosed how sometimes I struggle with prayer b/c I feel like although God hears me I feel like His mind is made up and that it seems like suffering is more His plan than not. I feel badly for thinking this but I do feel like this. Well, in the video portion Beth Moore spoke directly to this and obviously refuted that. She literally said, "For those of you out there on the otherside of this screen who feel like God is going to do what he is going to do so what difference would your prayer make, your mistaken." I literally got shivers. I can't say enough about what this study has meant to me. I have been educated and moved more from these five weeks than ever before.
Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!

S

No comments: