Thursday, December 20, 2007

What if you die?

A friend of mine called to wish me well today...at least I think that was her intention. She started out ok then she wanted to talk to my mom who had just arrived in from Chicago. I could tell by what my mom was saying that my friend was worried. Then when I got back on the phone she said she was afraid something bad was going to happen. Now, I understand concerns like that because I am the queen of worse case scenerios. But, I don't think if I felt that way, I would call the person who was having surgery and say that. You have to keep in mind this same friend who when I was pregnant with Caroline told me babies die all the time before there born. Again, this may or may not be true..I don't care when I am pregnant!!
So then my sister called and I told her the story and she said "Gotta love $#%, she is always good for a pre surgery pick me up!" This made me laugh and not start to mentally freak out.
Truth be told I am a little scared...so if your reading this before 7:30 am Eastern time..pray for my peace of mind and oh yeah..that I don't die:) Assuming that dosen't happen I will be back for more blogging before Monday I am betting! Ooops, I am Wesleyan, I am not suppose to gamble:)
Have a good Friday!
S

3 comments:

Hummel Family said...

I am glad you are not taking your friends phone call to heart! I am praying for NO anxiety, yet maybe a few butterflies (we need those, ya know?) Most of all I am praying for a HAPPY YOU! When all is done, I pray you are one happy gal!!!! :) :)

Carrie said...

Boo to that friend! Usually good friends mean well though...Just wanted to let you know I am praying for you this AM...it's probably over by now! Yea!! I am so impressed by your determination and your happy and positive attitude! Go you! You are on your way!!!

Jamie & Heather & Children said...

I've been praying for you off and on since last night! I'll know you'll be fine!

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!