Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Miracle!

So its Easter Morning and I am taking a shower and singing, badly, but joyfully to "Jesus Christ is Risen today" and thinking of all of our friends who don't know Christ. I am almost crying at the thought and wondering how I can change that...not five minutes after going downstairs the following phone conversation happens with our friend Abe, who is agnostic...

Abe: Hi Sue, this is Abe, what are you doing?
ME: Not much, just getting ready for church..
Abe: Yeah, thats why I am calling, I have decided to explore religion and was wondering if I could come to church with you and Jeff?
ME: ( My heart beating almost out of my chest from excitment), "Sure!!" We would love that!"

Well, of course the morning had its share of "kid issues" Matthew had been pulling on his ear all day Sat and cried hard in the bathrub Sat night and kept saying "AWEEW" so I took him in, while Jeff took Caroline and met Abe. It turned out Matty did have not one, but two ear infections , oops! Bad mommy...I can't tell you how many times I have taken that kid in and its been nothing though! He is on the mend now!!

So, I have asked Jeff to follow up with Abe and plan on doing so as well . I am just so excited! I hope this is the beginning of wonderful things for Abe and his faith! I have also decided that I am talking to all of my friends about with religion with the same abandon that I do on this blog! I have some friends who I can talk this way to, obviously church buddies, and some lifelong pals(Sarah W, if your reading, a little shout out to you:) but I need to talk about Christ with all people...even if sometimes they think..."Jesus Freak". Can't think of anyone better to freak over, can you??

S

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sue that is so awesome about your friend. I have a friend that I wish would give in. She has come to church with us but just hasn't let Jesus take over yet...

I'll pray for Abe and for you two as you continue to be a witness for God!

~~Heather~~

Holly said...

VERY COOL!