Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Just keep swimming...

The "Fall funk" moved its way out and was replaced with a new, improved attitude of, "I CAN DO THIS!" I will pack lunches the night before, make crock pot meals and pretend to like them when the kids complain, do a load of laundry and fold it every day (but put it away, no,I can't make that type of commitment!), go to bed early, remember where those three kids of mine are suppose to be each night and get them there, make sure the girls are wearing the RIGHT color soccer uniform. I stupidly volunteered to be Caroline's soccer team's manger and oh.my.goodness. what was I thinking? But, even with the stress that has been added, I am trying to embrace a "If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger attitude." And let me tell you, IT JUST MIGHT KILL ME:)!
Work continues to get more and more stressful by the day. But, the thing about working with people who are dying is that you realize that WORK and most of things that cause people to stress, in the END, do not matter. So I am focusing on being the best social worker I can be to the people that are after all , dying. Because that work matters. The rest will work itself out, or not! 
I am doing better, overall, with caring about the things that matter. Surrounding myself with people that improve my outlook, and keep me on a positive path. Jeff and I are in a small group with some families from church and what a wonderful thing this has been. Connecting with a group of people who share your same values and have similar demographics( married, threeish kids, CRAZY lives, trying to be the best spouse/parents/christians/workers) we can be. Accountability. AMEN! This is what has been missing. Jeff and I are both so excited to develop these relationships and grow closer together and to God. We continue to try and find our way, Jeff and I. Sometimes we seem so close and aligned. In fact, most days we are. Some days I lose it on him and BLAME him for everything. Most of the time I apologize and ALL the time Jeff is gracious. Grace is something I am trying to practice more of. Giving those around me the grace I so freely get from my husband and always from God. Telling the kids I am sorry when I lose my crap on them over things that really aren't their fault and even if it is, losing your temper doesn't teach them anything other than how to not be able to effectively manage stress. Forgiving people who treat me badly because chances are I have done the same to them or someone at some point.
The Simpsons are ready for fall! A new season! New opportunities! New challenges! New friendships! New attitudes! (PRAY FOR US!) :)

No comments: