Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Private

Today I had something happen that really irritated me. I was reading a blog of someone I barely know. She has a blog and has gone to great lengths to make this blog widely read. She didn't realize the implications of trying to make her blog popular and found out that her private pictures, which she posted on her blog, had been used on someone else's blog. That is creepier than creepy. I made a comment on her blog stating that it was unfortunately a casualty of having a blog that is widely read. Now I ask you, Was that offensive of me? The blogger thought so, deleted my comment and then accused me of bringing negativity into her life. Whatever. I intended no ill will. To me that is basic blogger 101. If you type it, post it and don't own it, copyright it you're opening yourself up to that type of creepiness.
All of this prompted me to consider something I thought about awhile ago..to make my blog private. There once was a time that I hoped for lots of readers and comments. Those days are past. I am writing this for my kids, my family and myself. I want to know who is reading this. So, if you would like to continue reading please email me at sazzaro@hotmail.com and I will add you to my list.
Thanks...
Susan

No comments: