Saturday, September 24, 2011

Obedience

So last night I deactivated me Facebook account. It has been a long time coming, this decision. What it really is all about is being obedient to the God I love and whose grace I bask in daily. The thing about the grace is I have fear I have come to take it for granted. I say I will change, I promise to do better and then DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it. I don't make the tough changes that need to take place. I am sick of that and I am sick of KNOWING I am missing out on the better way of living. I know obedience and living in accordance with God's will bring that better way of living and being in this world and hopefully will spill over to other's lives around me.
I am working with Nicole, the same fabulous lady who helped me with my house makeover, as a lifecoach. She asked me if I would enter into a lifecoach relationship with her for a class she is taking and I said, "Sure!" Little did I know how much I was about to be stretched! The first meeting she asked me where I felt God was asking me to grow. I immediately knew that my issue was with FB and that I needed to not just take a break but needed to quit it for a specific amount of time. I decided that I will not be back on it until after the school semester ends in December. I will reevaluate the decision and where I feel God is leading then.
This being the first 24 hours sans Facebook have been very difficult, more than I was anticipating! I am such a junkie!! I say this laughing but its not that funny. I spent way too much time and thought on FB. If I put half of much effort into other relationships, namely my one with God, I would be so blessed. So that's exactly what I intend on doing. Quiet times and snuggle time with my babies, study time and couple time. One thing I know for sure is being obedient sure is tough but there is no place I would rather be.

1 comment:

The Shripkas said...

Okay, so I just went looking for you on FB and thought you'd defriended me! Thankfully I remembered your blog! Miss you friend!