Sunday, March 02, 2008

A night away

This weekend I went to Chicago for a girlfriend's baby shower and to visit with some old friends. The weather was great for driving and I had a great time. I ended up staying at the baby shower for almost four hours and catching up with some old work pals. Then, I met up with one of my closest "Chicago" friends for dinner and I spent the night at her house. This morning I met yet another girlfriend who is pregnant with her first baby,to give her my maternity clothes. We also did a little shopping. It was nice to "escape" from the kids for a night. It was so nice to have adult conversations too. I love having lots of friends from various "places" from my life. I was joking that if they ever ended up in one room it would certainly be interesting. There is such a range but I like to keep things hopping!!
This week is pretty slow for us. Caroline has her 15 month check up, almost two months past due. Hopefully they won't discover anymore medical ailments!! Have a good week!
S

2 comments:

Hummel Family said...

Sounds like a great time!

I pray you have a great week and that your little sweetie comes out of the Doc apt with a GOOD REPORT! She sure has been through a lot!

Heather said...

I love nights away! Sometimes they are just so great to get back into perspective of things and to have a much needed "mommy time!"

Cute pictures of Caroline in the snow!