Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Hearts beyond the veil....

I can't say enough times how much I have learned from my Beth Moore Bible study. Last night I was so moved by something she pointed out that I wanted to blog about it. Last night we discussed the veil that seperated the alter of sacrifice from the alter of incense and the ark of the covenant. Beth discussed that the veil basically represents the promises of God and how we can have confidence in His words. That we are roped to something beyond the vail that will ALWAYS hold us up. An anchor for our tossed and tumbled souls is what she said. That hopelessness will always make your soul sick. We need to remember that God never has a bad day, God never gets too busy. Most importingly, God WILL NEVER PROVE FALSE!
She brought our attention to Psalm 73 which states the following:
14 All day long I have been plagued
I have been punished every morning.
15 If I had said, "I will speak thus"
I would have betrayed your children.
16. When I tried to understand all this, it was oppressive to me
17 till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final
destiny.
I will admit when I first read this scripture I was like, "HUH?"
But when she further explained it I was truly moved. She said that basically the writer of this Psalm was like, "Listen God, I have been good and faithful,even through the crappy events of this world and especially my life. But, I am a little more than irritated with my state of affairs. Yet, I don't complain outward because I don't want someone who is weaker in faith to doubt you." The most important point she made was that the writer took his DOUBT to God. The best place to take it!
In light of what some of my friends are struggling with as of late, it was so nice to hear this and to maybe be able to offer this insight to them because lets face it, when you know people who have been through hardship after hardship you run out of things to say. I love the analogy of being roped to God that He will never let you go.I imagine the writer of the psalm yanking really hard at it to maybe even get away as if to say.."UHHHHHHHHH!! God I am so frustrated! Make it better! NOW!! or I will cut this rope!" Aren't we blessed to have a God who will never let us cut it and will never let go!?

S

No comments: