Thursday, June 21, 2007

What if we all met?

So here is my latest thought..what if people who I know through blogland met in person?? Would it be weird? I am talking about people whom you would never know anything about if it weren't for blogger or the internet?? I am thinking that yes, it would carry with it the awkwardness that you find yourself feeling on a first blind date with someone you have had several good phone conversations with. You know, where your feeling like, "He/She is the one for me! I just know this is it!" and then you meet and it all is a little less than it was? Or maybe it would be like finding that perfect person and you would just continue the connectedness and become fast friends in all worlds, not just internet related ones.

I am thinking about this because I find myself thinking and praying and mulling over alot of the words I read out there. One persons blog was accidentely deleted for awhile and I seriously felt sad thinking maybe she isn't blogging anymore. Its funny how your can feel for people you don't "know" but in all honesty, I think my blog readers get a more "real" sense of me than people who I see in the flesh and blood everyday!! Hmm, does this make sense to anyone? I want comments from all you "NON COMMENTING READERS!!

S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I too think it would be interesting to meet those who you read their thoughts. But just like anything you anticipate it usually falls short. I love it when I meet someone i have talked to over the phone. After awhile you are thinking I bet she has red hair, or wonder if she is skinny? This happened to me. I used to call this office frequently and talk to the secretary and we would laugh and kid around and we just seemed to hit it off. Then I had to go this office for a meeting. When I announced who I was this tall lady came out the door and grabbed me and said I'm Cora, oh, she said, you are not anything like I thought you would be, but that's ok she said I doubt I am either. I wanted to say that couldn't be more true. She was tall, black, and had the spray red hair, with the absolutely the longest fingernails I had ever seen the curled and were painted with fancy colors and designes. So best we probably keep a distance or if we meet we practice saying " wow you look just like I thought you would"
Glad to be back.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Susan,
My name is Jessica...I found your blog through my friend (who I have yet to meet in person :) blog. I have to tell you that in March of this year I did meet one of my friends face-to-face. My husband suprised me for my birthday and sent me on a plane from Oregon to Indiana!! It was the most awesome experience ever. We had been praying for one another, and had written back and forth. My husband knew how important it was to me to meet Meghan...and I am so glad that I did. I am even trying to set up a "Mom's Only" weekend (or a cruise would be super fun), for those of us who have met online!!

I was really nervous at first, but then when I got there I knew that God had brought us into each others lives at the perfect time...His timing!! Her website is www.megand eric.blogspot.com. She is awesome, you should "meet" her!!

-Jessica