Sunday, March 18, 2007

BBQ fires,stuck bubs and more...





You may be looking at the title of this post and think..."What?" Well, then you will see the pictures and it all becomes a little more clear! Let me preface the pictures by saying that Jeff is the biggest procrastinator you will ever meet! It can defintely be a source of contention in our marriage. I want something done and it seems unless I endlessly nag or as he would call me,"Stick in the eye!" it doesn't get done! An example of this is our grill. Last fall, great with child, I asked him to please clean it b/c it had accumulated alot of grease, etc during the summer months. Well, it didn't get done, so last Tuesday when we had the awesome 70 degree weather we grilled burgers. He lit the grill, put them on and when he went back, a real live fire had broken out! It was somewhat humorous! Now for some kudos for Jeff. Next weekend is my birthday but we have plans to play cards with the neighbors so he surprised me by having his mom and Bert come over to watch the kids and then we went to dinner at a newer resturant and over to some friends to watch the debactle that was the MSU basketball tourney game. It was a nice evening and then today I went to church by myself and just enjoyed the service and went to lunch and a movie with Jessica and Kim. We saw Bridge to Terabithia(sp?),good movie but so sad! I am so fortunate to have such a great inlaw family...I love hanging out with the girls! It was just a nice day and a good break from my "mommy" life. Speaking of, tonight after Jeff got Matty ready for bed he was screaming in his bed and wouldn't calm down which isn't normal for him, usually you just put him down and he goes to bed. So, we both went upstairs a few times and then I decided to take him into our room and snuggle, he was so sweet just staring at me with his soulful baby blues and finally after about 15 minutes I asked him if he was ready to go into his crib and he nodded yes and went without incident. Those are the times I cherish with my little man, when we break the bedtime rules and just snuggle..

The one picture is of him stuck in Caroline's bumbo seat! He can't get out without help! Because its made for a 5month old! He can kind of say her name now, it sounds like "liney"..cute ! The last pic is one of Caroline's first professional pics...I am sure a more competent computer person could scan them, that person is not me! It a close up of her cute little face!


Later

S

1 comment:

Holly said...

Shaun want's to see the Bridge to Terabithia, but I wasn't so sure about it.