Friday, February 09, 2007

Stuff

Hi
I am in my basement right now, where the computer is and I have come to the realization that we , ok mostly, me...I have too much stuff! We're going to transform our basement, which currently serves as a "holding station" for so many things that we don't know where to put, but hopefully this late spring it will be a playroom/computer room/reading nook/scrapbooking center! That is a lot of titles for a relatively small space!:) So, my friend Nicole who has an organizing business on the side is coming over on Sunday to help me figure out how to set everything up, so I came down tonight to go through many items.

Jeff is notorious for not throwing anything away..his whole family is like this..sorry Kim if your reading this post, no offense:) Its just hard to keep things organized with a person like that. So, instead of getting in arguments about clutter in the kitchen, when I get sick of the pile up, I simply put the offending items in a Meijer bag and transfer them to the basement. So far the system has worked ok, although when I hear Jeff ruffling through old bags I get a twinge of annoyance. But, when the basement is a playspace, we can't do that because we will only have a small designated "office space"! I can imagine it now coming down to find Matthew and Caroline playing with old paycheck stubs and Sports Illustrateds!

Ok, my point, we need to get rid of ALOT! We have so many books that I am sure we will never read again, we have alot of pictures that most likely never will hang anywhere in our house ! I usually am good at getting rid of stuff but feel like I might want it later, I guess. What do you people out there in blogger land do with your basement stuff?

S

1 comment:

Heather said...

Gotta love all the stuff in our lives!! *smile*