Here is my annual top ten thankful list for 2013..
10. The way Ellie talks. She has come so far with her speech but she still says things like, "Me big now, just a wittle bit, me wuv you. Adorable, and one of things I know I will miss when she is grown.
9. Watching my kids play sports. Whether it's Caroline's fierce competitive nature or Matthew's perserverance with hockey, I love their enthusiasm when they are doing something they love.
8. My mother in law. She is one of the kindest, most selfless people I have ever met. She has helped us out immeasurably.
7. That the holistic, chiropractor treatments are working for our beloved neighbor, Sam Ekkens, who has a rare disease called plastic bronchitis. We love that little boy and are thankful for God's provision and faithfulness in his life.
6. Our home. Sure, there are things we wish we could replace or change, but we are very fortunate to have a place to rest our weary bones each night.
5. Our jobs. I still can't believe how lucky I am to have the job I do. I love it, even working nights!
4. Music, it can bring me out of the worst mood and makes good times even better.
3. Marriage. Sure, there are things that are tough and times when it seems like all you are managing to do is survive, but I can't imagine life without a loving partner in crime like Jeff.
2. Friends, we've been blessed with some great ones!
1. Each day! I have learned, especially since I began working in an ER, that there is no guarantee that life won't change in an instant. It has certainly made me realize that it is important to count our blessings EVERY day.
Happy Thanksgiving friends!