Sunday, May 22, 2011

Not much to say

I keep meaning to post but each time I sit down and write I end up never publishing it. Usually its because its lots of random thoughts that don't really have a theme. As you may have noticed, I like themes when I write. A lot of what I have had to write about is in regards to Sam and his surgery. Obviously, because he and his half a ticker are so heavy on my heart. I did get to speak to Jaime on Saturday and its was great. We ended up talking about lighter, funny neighborhood stuff and it was great to hear her voice and contagious laugh again! I am praying that Sam's low potassium issue and chest tube drainage stop soon so he can come home. It feels so lonely with our beloved next door neighbors gone!
Makenna and Avery, Jaime's girls spent the night Friday. We had a pizza party with them and some other kids in the neighboorhood and ice cream sundaes. They were all really well behaved. Then it was off to the Howard Street Hustle, a 5K fundraiser for the Kalamazoo Christian schools on Saturday morning. The kids all did the fun run. Matthew, Makenna and Caroline ran one lap of the track while Avery did two! All of the kids ran the WHOLE WAY!! It was a little crazy there but a beautiful day!! I felt really weepy there. Sad that Jaime and Steve have to miss stuff like that. I know its so very hard for them but they have no choice. Thankfully there are so many people who love those girls like their own and we try and make things has fun and normal for them as possible. Continue to pray for them as week two of their parents being gone starts.
Only one more week of school for Matthew who is anything but sad to see it ending. That kid just doesn't like school. I can't really figure out why b/c he has a great teacher and lots of friends. So often when he is whining and carrying on in the morning I want to say.." Seriously kid, get over it! Its going to get so much worse than Young fives!" Nice...
Memorial Day is upon us next weekend and we have 5 yards of mulch being delivered on Friday. We're hoping to get our yard in shape. We also are trying to figure out what to do about the eye sore of a deck of ours. We're looking into a few options. If it were up to me and money was no object..I would tear that baby down and build a new one. Oh wait, I meant to say..I would hire someone to do that! I really love hiring things out. That way, they arrive you go out for the day and come home to a new deck, freshly painted kitchen, clean house..etc, etc! Too bad I married a man who wants to hire nothing out!
The pool we joined is opening next weekend. I am hoping for a nice day so we can go over and use it. I think we're all really going to enjoy it.
Finally, I have my WMU MSW program orientation this Thursday. I am beyond excited to get some details about what the next 20 months are going to look like for me.
Well for seemingly not having anything to say..I certainly did jabber on..
Have a wonderful week.

No comments: