Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Long Sigh...

That is what I am feeling like today. I woke up this morning to a bright and sunny day. It was Matthew's last day of preschool so I was showered, coffee'd and ready to go at 8:30. I made the mistake of checking my email quickly to see if there was any updates. There was, telling me that yesterday was a rough day for the little guy and one from my dear friend Sarah telling me her twenty eight year old brother who has struggled with alcoholism died in his sleep last night. I then discovered she had left me a voicemail at 2 am but unfortunatley I didn't hear the phone. Then I read the update about Samuel being on a vent now and what a rough day he had yesterday. I started to cry and my sweet little boy was so cute and came up and patted my back and said, " Why are you sad mommy?" " Are you sad at me?" I reassured him that I wasn't "sad at him". That my friend had found out some bad news and I was sad for her. He then gave me a hug and kiss and said, " There..its all better!" I wish little man! I called my mom on the way to school to tell her and she told me that her friend and neighbor just found out she has a malignant brain tumor. Relaly cheery news from our end of things right now.
Thankfully, the weather was beautiful today and I was able to get out in the yard to do some much needed weeding and just think and pray. Makenna and Avery came home this evening and I spoke to Julie, Jaime's sister who said that things are going ok in AA. That Samuel is hooked up to all sorts of machines and tubes but is doing as expected. My prayer for Samuel on Thursday is that God would do immeasurably more through this little boys life. That Thursday is a success and he heals quickly and able to come home soon. Please lift my friend Sarah and her family in prayer as they prepare to bury their brother and son whose life was filled with sadness in these past years. I pray he is finally at peace...
Also pray for Jeff, who is having an outpatient procedure done on Friday. The same day as the funeral. I have pieced together childcare and Jeff's mom is going to be taking him home from the hospital. But, I feel really badly that I won't be there for him b/c he is always there for me. He knows how important that it is to me to be there for my friend and her family though. Its a routine, so it shouldn't be a big deal. Hopefully, this weekend this will start to look up around here!

1 comment:

Hummel Family said...

That's a lot! May God comfort all of these broken people!