Monday, January 14, 2008

Prayer Warriors take note

I know many of you in bloggerland are faithful and devoted prayer warriors. I take so much comfort in that when I need prayer for something specific. My sister in law just emailed this prayer request that she received from another mom in her mom's group. My brother and his family live in Alabama so I assume this little girl does too. Their story touched me deeply. Please pray for them and pass it on...

Thanks.

S
Hi MOMS,

I have a prayer request from Kona Romans. It is for a friend of hers who is going through a terrible time right now. Her 7 month old daughter recently took a nasty fall from a bed and hit her head. During an examination to make sure she was okay, it was discovered that she had a crack in her skull and fluid around her brain. Unfortunately, it was also discovered that she had a tumor in the center of her brain. A shunt was placed in her head to drain the fluid. Here is the latest update from her mom:

So we're home. She woke up the morning after surgery and could hardly breathe because her airways were swollen from the breathing tube she had during surgery. So they put her on steroids and kept us another night just to watch her. We got to talk to the neuro-oncologists and they said that their best educated guess is that this tumor is an Astrocytoma. Basically because it's in the middle of her brain and so deep, it's inoperable. We'll just have to keep doing the MRI's and hope it doesn't change and grow. Otherwise they'll start chemo. But they told us that this is one of those tumors that you can never have a peace about. It's not like if five years passes by and it's remained unchanged that we can start to relax---it can lie dormant for years and suddenly start to grow without warning. And so you go through these emotions....will she live to be 80 years old and never have a complication...or will her sweet little life be cut short by this tumor. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in my life and I'm not even sure I'm dealing with it anymore at this point...I'm just surviving. I just keep praying that God's will will be done in this situation, but I still beg God everynight---please, just let me keep her. We're just glad that she's happy and acting like a 7 month old should act. We had our first experience cleaning her stitches from the shunt surgery and that was really hard....physically and emotionally. So I'm just spent....just completely exhausted and I have nothing left emotionally. Thanks though for everything.....all of you guys' support means a ton. We'll keep you posted.

Please pray for this family.

Thanks,
Melissa

When contemplating an uncertain future.....Remember what Jesus said:

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father's knowledge. Even the hairs of your head are all counted. So do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows” (Mt 10:29-31).

No comments: