Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Allergies

I am not sure if I posted before about Caroline and her peanut allergy. Last week I gave her a prepackaged peanut butter cracker. Soon after, her lip started to swell and then her left eye. It went away with some Benadryl but we took her in for a allergy test. I just spoke with the nurse at the ped's office and it seems that she is allergic to a number of things including most nuts, eggs,wheat,soy and milk. Some are worse than others. The eggs and nuts were the worst. She was suppose to go to the allergist today but wouldn't you know it she has a fever. Did I mention how sick I am of winter and sickness!!? I rescheduled her for the 18th of February with a doctor who our good friends have taken their son to see. Poor Caroline. Jeff and I often joke that she is pretty needy and high maintance. I can't help but think all these factors, ears being clogged with fluid, can't see, food allergies, etc all maybe influence her moods and make her grouchy. We love her to bits and bits and just want her to feel good and soon! On the plus side, she has slept from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 am straight the last two nights! YIPEE

S

No comments: