Sunday, July 01, 2007

The movie wasn't worth $8!

That is how I feel about EVENING..with Claire Danes, Meryl Streep, Glenn Close, etc. It was definetly what I like to call a "rental". THat is how my mom and I catergorize movies better left to wait and see once they are out at Blockbusters. It was still nice to get out and do something by myself..I love seeing movies by myself.

We had a nice weekend. Friday night I saw the movie, Saturday we cleaned and did some yard work and had some friends over for dinner. I am trying to do that more. I sometimes want to invite everyone over but have decided to have just one couple at a time so we can get to know some of our newer friends better. Plus, then its not so crazy. Today we went to church where I felt so tired! I could barely keep my eyes open! So, while Matt and Caroline were napping, Jeff and I took a snooze on the couch..for like 15 minutes till Caroline woke up! I swear that child has a "my mom is sleeping comfortably..I think I will wake up"radar!:)

Please keep my friend Catherine in your prayers. She is the one who had the still born in March of 06 and she is being induced tommorrow. They are taking the baby, a girl who will be named Ava 3 weeks early because their daughter Avery, died at 38 weeks and they have no idea why. Pray specifically that her lungs would be fully developed and all would go perfectly!

My siblings and I compiled a list of things we learned about my mom for her birthday. We had it framed at Michaels...I thought it was a good list of things for the younger moms out there in blogland to aspire to teach their children. I will feel so blessed if Matt and Caroline feel they have learned these too from me!

No matter how old you are you should ALWAYS listen to the good angel on your shoulder.
Doing the BEST you can is all you can ask for.
Be HUMBLE.
The importance of LISTENING.
Life is an ADVENTURE so enjoy it.
Never lose FAITH in God, your family or most importantly, yourself.
Always be LOYAL to your family.
TRADITION in your family is important. Whether it's a special dish at a holiday meal or a certain song you sing to your children every night before they go to bed, keep tradition alive.
GOOD MANNERS go a long way in life. Comportment is a reflection of the way you were raised.
GIVE FREELY of your time, talent or financial means.

Have a good week! Happy 4th!
S

No comments: