Monday, July 16, 2007

Mom update

Well, the doctor called today with my mom's CT results. Its not horrible but it wasn't the "all checked out perfectly" like we hoped. It turns out that she has some nodules on her lungs, apparently its pretty common and they just recommend her being checked in like 6 months. They also found a spot on her liver, not a mass, but more like a growth. They think its called a hamangeoma sp? which isn't that big of a deal either but her doc wants her to have a MRI to make sure. So, we still don't really know much more. Her rash and muscle weakness are still there too. She goes in on Thursday to talk about treating that. I feel so bad for her b/c I know she isn't letting it all out. She is being a mom and trying to protect us. I have to say I can't stand it. I am afraid. I know God will help me through anything but I don't want him to help me through my mom being sick. I have said it before, I am afraid of having a "story". I feel so much like a just couldn't handle that. Unfortnately, that isn't the way the world or God works...darn!! So, I go between crying and praying to just feeling normal and praying. I am grateful that in relative terms its not bad news. I mean, they could have called and said.."You have stage four liver cancer" They didn't...she really for all intensive purposes will be fine. I want gurantees..I always have..I am living in the wrong world for that..good thing I believe in a God who is does guarentee that no matter what we endure in this one. ..a wonderful eternal life awaits and there are no CT scans or cancer there!!

S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, God is moving you into a place of practicing your faith and trust in Him.. These are good days - days of personal and spiritual growth.. You're right - most of us want immediate results and answers NOW.. but God tells us, in His time.. for now we have to "let go, and let God" work in all of our lives.

We continue to pray and rejoice in the fact that it's not bad news!! Sometimes I think God keeps us on our toes by allowing the "maybes" in our lives...??

Susan said...

I love the comment above..I wonder who made it?? Very well put, whoever you are!:)
Sue