Saturday, July 07, 2007

Hmmm...for some reason it won't let me title this..??? Anyways, if it had one it would be "Paniced and Praying" My mom has had a medical crisis of sorts and I am asking for blogger prayers please. It all started about a month ago..she started having muscle fatigue which got progressively worse. Her family doctor kind of dropped the ball so my mom, being a nurse, took herself off her Zocor(a staten prescribed for cholesterol)and then her Dr drew blood and found that her cpk levels(this is a muscle enzyme that is excreted in the blood when muscles are damaged) was astronomically high. She then developed a rash on her face and upper body. She has been to the dermatologist(sp?) and its not a disease called dermomytosis which is an autoimmune disease, in fact her blood work came back as negative for autoimmune antibodies which is a huge praise! Anyways, her cpk levels continues to decrease and her muscle fatigue is almost gone. But, on Thrusday they are having her get a CAT scan to make sure she doesn't have what we all dread..Cancer! I am optomistic that everything will be fine, as her levels are tappering..but it still freaks me out. Plus, I know she is driving herself crazy with worry. She hasn't been herself in weeks and its so hard for everyone. Especially in light of her birthday coming up! I try and remain postive and just keep reminding myself that with God we can handle anything. But, I am all too aware that my faith certainly gets me no free rides, on the contrary if anything. I am just praying for the best and believing it will be at this point!

So, please pray that all scans come out normal and that they can figure out what exactly caused the muscle, cpk, rash stuff and how to make it go away! I am pretty sure noone reads this that knows my mom personally, but if you do...please don't ask my mom about it..she might not want everyone to know..but I defintely want everyone praying...many thanks!

S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom, you, and your family will be in our prayers...

Sarah L.

HP and Diane said...

Sue,
I just read your blog and wanted to just share that I will be praying for your Mom, and you too. When you hear the "C" word from your doctor, let me just say that you have a whole new perspective on this dreadful disease. Having gone through a biopsy myself last year I have to say that I have a whole new outlook on that disease. My brother told me, "You've had your faith, now you are about to experience a whole new meaning of the word in action!" How true it was!! My dependence on God and His mighty power and strength grew beyond my imagination... A quote my brother sent me... God will never give you anything in your life except what has crossed His desk first.. meaning that He has to approve what happens in our lives.. It's our job to trust Him..and that can sometimes be tough! I'll be praying..