Wednesday, May 09, 2007

No board for you!!

Well tonight was the annual meeting at our church, I had been nominated for the LBA(local board)and didn't make it, in fact, I got the lowest amount of votes..boo hoo!! I am not taking it personal,most of the voters in our church are older and many don't know me as we have only been going there for 2 years. But, I am discouraged. I really think we need some younger voices in leadership at LCC. I think we need to focus more time,energy and finances for our young adults.

So, I am taking this in stride. I was very prayerful about this and really felt that if God wanted me on the board,then it would be. I also feel like I can be as influential leading the other young adults. Our small group is doing a Bill Hybels study on building community in church. I feel strongly that God is calling me in this area.

Oh well, one less meeting to go to right?!:)

S

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Susan!
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for stopping by my blog. Your supportive comments have been very helpful.
Keep your chin up! It took a lot of courage just to put yourself out there and I'm sure it's just as you said, the older folks dont know you as well. You deserve a hefty pat on the back just for trying!
(Your children are adorable by the way!)
Have a great weekend!
Julie
www.emmakatespage.blogspot.com

Holly said...

I'm sorry you didn't get on :( I wanted to go to the meeting Wednesday night, but had to work. There were things I wanted voiced.

MiKemple said...

You got my vote...like i mentioned on the phone, and you mention here on your blog, there are places that you can lead and have an impact, like your community direction in the small group. You and Jeff and the kids are a great part of the body at LCC, we love you and hope that you may be encouraged to continue serving in the areas God has already placed you. Be blessed and know His ways.
mike