Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day




Happy Day to all you moms out there!! Today was beautiful here in West Michigan!! We had a very nice day..it started with me attempting to sleep in...no such luck between Matthew getting in trouble and hearing daddy say a million times.."Matthew..no!" and Caroline crying to be fed in between it all, I just came down and requested that Jeff go to Big Apple and get me some bagels, which is what he did without complaint! Then we went to church, where we had nursery duty that went smoothly, no criers today and home for lunch with Barb and Bert.I made a trifle and it was yummy. Matthew enjoyed showing off his new playset to grandma. We bought the playset from our neighbors. Its awesome and we got a great deal on it.

Today, I am feeling just very grateful and blessed. I have such a blessed life. I have said it before and it does have a certain amount of cheese factor to it, But my cup runneth over. That is truly how I feel.I love my husband and my children. I love being a mom, no matter how crazy and routine it can get. I am a lucky lady and for today, I am just gonna appreciate that..not wonder why or wish for something on the other side of the fence. I like it here on my side!!

Have a good week!

S

p.s. one thing I wish for is comments!:(

3 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad you had a good mother's day!!

Janine said...

Sounds like you had a great day!

Carolyn said...

Being a mother was one of the better things I have accomplished. I was the mother that forgot to pick the kids up after school, never had lunch money, never ironed their clothes, (how will they learn), ordered thanksgiving meals from Kroger's and when things were bad at home due to a plumbing problem or some other disaster, we went to get ice cream. My theory was after I have had time to think it through ie: ice cream, I could handle the problem without becoming the bad side of Mother Theresa.

Mother's day is a time to sit back and pat yourself on the back and say Good Job!! So try this just be careful not to get a strain from reaching back.

So sing with me Happy Mother's Day to me, Happy Mother's Day to me, Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm, hmmm, hhhmmmm, hmm. The effect is better if you have a dramatic ending.

Carolyn