Monday, May 07, 2007

Being mommy....





Being a mommy is great..most of the time, but I have really struggled lately with being super frustrated that I am not giving Matthew and Caroline my all. I read another blog today about a moms struggle with being at home versus all the other places to make the day go by without any quality in it. I am the kind of mom who always has something planned. For example this week, today Barb, my awesome MIL,came over to watch the kids while I ran some errands for the morning. What a blessing that is. Not only do I get more done, I know my kids are with the best person in the world and having a ton of fun. Matthew adores her!! Tues, bible study, Wed, speech therapy and then Matt is getting his two year pictures taken with LIVE ducklings, hopefully he dosen't kill one(seriously), and then a playdate in the pm, Thursday,free day and Friday my LAMBS mommies are coming over. So, as you see the week is filled and every week is like this. Now, I don't see anything wrong with that persay, but I do feel convicted of the time I am at home, in the mornings and late afternoons when I have been guilty of using the TV as a mommy! I have made a real effort in the last week to stop this. I simply turn it off and just enjoy them. I will admit that sometimes I think to myself, "ITs only been 20 minutes. But most of the time its so endearing to watch them play and interact with the world, me and themselves. The relationship that Matthew and Caroline are developing is really sweet. I especially enjoy watching Matthew play outside. He is such a boy, such a thrill seeker, such a true combination of me and Jeff, that he is this wonderful little individual. Yesterday, after church, before we ate lunch I suggested to Jeff that we begin praying before meals on a regular basis, we had done this hit and miss but not regularily, well Sunday school beat me to it..he knows what to do, he folds his little hands and bows his head, with the most precious smile you've ever seen...totally makes any bad days with him seem well worth it. What a privledge us moms have to shape these little gifts from God, to mold them into the people God would have them be. So, I will continue to have a full schedule with my kids, but also remember the joy of being a stay at home mommy..is actually staying at home from time to time sans Toy Story!:)
S

1 comment:

Holly said...

you're a great mommy :)