Monday, April 23, 2007

Matthew is Two

Well, on Saturday my baby boy turned two!! I can't believe its been two years in so many ways but in alot of ways, like having a 6 month old baby girl, it does seem like a long time ago that I held that little boy for the first time! It was beautiful weather here and his party turned out wonderfully. My parents came into town and we hadn't seen them since December. My mom is "Miss get it done" so my house is never more organized or clean than when she is here. We had the carpet installed in the basement last Tuesday, so we spent alot of time organizing Matt and Caroline's new toyroom and our new office. I love it! I am so happy to have a designated toy space and office space/craft space. I will post pics when I download the new software from our NEW digital camera! Yes, we now own a real digital camera, so no more crappy, fuzzy pics of the kids with our camcorder. But, back to Matthew's party, we had mostly family and some friends over for cake and icecream . I spent way too much money on a custom made cake, Curious George themed,from Bert's Bakery, the place that made our wedding cake and it was very, very YUMMY!! We just had snacks,not a meal, so I didn't feel quite so guilty splerging on the cake! Matthew loved his presents, although he kept saying, "On, on" which is what he says when he means, "Open!". He thought we could open them all right when they came out of the box. His speech is really coming along and he now calls Jeff "Daddy" with such enthusiasm all the time. He has become a real daddy's boy.

Both Matthew and Caroline went to the doctor today for their 6 month and 2 year checkups. Caroline's stats for height and weight came in at over 100% :) and Matthew came in the 95%. Proportinatly big!! Caroline seriously looks like she is one! She is jibber jabbering all the time and I swear she will be talking in sentences before Matthew! I tell you one thing about that little girl, she never sleeps at night! I slept with her for two nights while my parents were here and she was rolling around, playing with her piggies, talking, laughing all night long! At first it was cute and then I was like, "Listen here Missy!! GO TO BED!"

Sue

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake was very yummy. So I guess by your comments it wasn't in the budget :) Oh well, if we can't spoil our kids on their birthdays, when can we???

Kim

Holly said...

happy b-day Matthew!

hey, I need to give you a call. you weren't there on Sunday for my mom to get you the stuff for the party, so probably next Thursday won't work. We need to set a new day, maybe just move it back a wk? I'll try to remember to call you when I get offline.

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Matthew! I know I told him yesterday, but birthdays are really so fun! Can't wait to see your basement!! Yea! Lauren is the same way as Caroline...yesterday she would not go to sleep for her afternoon nap! She played in her crib for an hour, laughing, giggling, hitting the wall, and just being plain silly all by herself! She did finally exhaust herself and fell asleep, but she was having so much fun! Silly girls!