Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Prayer...Works?!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello
I have been reallythinking hard on this past Sunday's L3 service. It showed this video from this horrible website that is www.whygoddoesn'thealamputees.com , at least I think that is the website. Regardless, its an antheist forum for why Christanity is false and how basically praying on a horseshoe results in as much as praying to God. While watching the clip on Sunday, I found myself irrationally angry. You know that feeling when someone attacks you or your spouse or children and your just want to pummel that person? That is how I felt. I wanted to scream out..."NO! NO! NO! That isn't true!" I also felt that way when I went to the website last night and read more of their lies.

I have disclosed how in the past year, I have really felt my prayer life strengthened. I have taken so much solace in this and really love spending time with God in this way. Something that Bruce, a fellow church goer, who organized Sunday's message said really struck me, he said that if what we pray for is God's plan, then it WILL BE DONE. Not if, not maybe, IT WILL BE DONE! I think where we struggle is when we think we HAVE God's plan. We think, well God would defintely want to do this or that..or God should do this or that. But, the reality is we can't even begin to fathom Him, He is too mighty, to awesome..to RIGHT..His plan always is THE PLAN. Something also we learned todayat LAMBS, (my mom's bible study) is that God wants to Glorify Himself. So those two things put together can really shake things up for non believers. So, what can we do about it? I think for myself, I need to be in the Bible , in God' s word more. My prayer life is there. But, my time with God in that way...very much lacking. That way, when God or I am attacked for believing in God, I am armed with His word.

I know prayer works... I have seen it in my own life and those lives of people I have uttered them for..I know God works for the good of all who believe in Him...I just want to reach those who don't!

S

No comments: