Friday, March 09, 2007

Blogs are funny little things

I was just randomly going through blogland just now and reading ones I have never gone to before...seriously entertaining and once again...inspiring. Here are some blog related ?'s if you have the time please sign in and answer..I would love to get an idea of who stops by my neck of the blog woods..

What did we do before Blogs?
Why do none bloggers think blogs are annoying?
Do you comment on people's blogs you don't know?
Have you ever been offended by something you've read on a blog?
What's your favorite blog?

I will get the ball rolling here are my answers..

1. Before blogs and blog stalking/commenting , I surely wasted alot of time on the MTV show "My super sweet 16" and " The Hills" websites.. I know pathetic! I have to say, since blogging my spiritual life and especially my prayer life has been greatly improved.

2. Not sure, I think they think bloggers are self important people with too much time on their hands, although alot of my friends aren't Christians and it seems to be more popular with the "believe in Jesus " folks!

3. All the time...only to encourage or let them know I am praying for them.

4. No, except this one person once wrote that she thought random people shouldn't comment on people's blogs they don't know...I am sure glad that philosophy hasn't stopped any comments on Josh Buck's blog...I am sure they are lifted up daily by those comments!

5. I love the Hummels blog, about family who has 4 kids, a daughter and triplets, one who passed away at birth sadly...she is so inspirational and Greenhouse Ministries, because the Buck's are just amazing people, Noah Steven's blog, a link I foung through the Hummels of a little boy who spent several months in the hospital battling a mystery aliment who died in January..his mother is also very influential spiritually and is a very gifted writer!

Comments people...comments! please:)

S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I NEVER comment on people's blogs, but I will this time. I love reading blogs of people I know, because it keeps me connected to them. I can get much more info that the annual Christmas letter and people are much more candid on their blogs. Plus there are soooo many cute pictures. I don't usually visit blogs of people I don't know, but the times I have, nothing has been as inspiring as you have found. Wes (non blogger person) only gets iritated when I visit those sites because we don't even know the people, so why would we want to know what is going on in their lives? So even though I'm not commenting, I'm reading and enjoying hearing all about Matthew & Caroline, and enjoying all of the cute pictures.

Kim

Susan said...

YAHHHH!! A comment, I was going to call you out Aunt Kim!! if I didn't get a comment b/c I know you read it! Hope your strep throat is better!

SUE

Carrie said...

As you know, I am not a big blog stalker...probably b/c I'm not online very much, but I do enjoy reading yours and how real you are! I am so thankful to have you as my friend. Have a great day!