Monday, February 05, 2007

RSV

Hello
Well, last week Matthew was very sick with a horrible cold, runny nose, horrid cough, fever, whiny....and on Friday night it hit Caroline, only it turned into RSV for her! Poor thing! I went to Chicago for my girls night. I debated not going but she really only had a slight cough Sat am and I really needed to get out. But, when I got home on Sunday afternoon she was just waking up from a nap in her carseat when all of sudden she had this really weird look on her face, started gasping for air and then coughed so hard that she puked up phlemgm all over my friend, Sarah who had driven with me and came in for a potty break! Poor Sarah! It freaked me out and so I just took her into the ER. They really made me mad because they didn't do anything, they just checked her lungs by listening to her breathing.

Then this am, her cough was worse and the amount of wet diapers decreased signifigantly so I called and they wondered why the ER didn't do a RSV test or chest x ray. So, I had to load up Matthew and Caroline, drop Matty off at Grandma Barb's. By the way, thank GOD for her! She saves me !! There was about 50 million kids there! The doctor we saw was pretty sure that she had RSV, they did the nose swab test and we found out this afternoon. The doctor warned that we are at the beginning of this so it could get worse and she may end up on breathing treatments, and maybe the hospital but I am hoping not. Matthew had it when he was 6 months an it cleared on its own, but her cough is pretty nasty!

On a side note, there was a lady in the doctor's office with four foster kids and when I was leaving, she was loading them up and I overheard her saying to one of the kids, who had to be around 4 or 5, "Get in the car, get your coat on...that is it...your not living with me anymore!" Can you believe that! I mean we all have our moments when our kids or even other people's kids drive us bonkers! But, when your someones foster mom and your condition on whether or not they stay with you is that they took their coat off! Its no wonder so many youth are raised with no empathy or emotion. If something that small can get you removed from a home, I assume you learn pretty darn quick not to give a damm! I was so angry, it took a lot not to say anything! I just keep saying prayers for that little boy and the foster mom!

So, week 2 of being inside! We'll survive!! After my night away, I am in a much better place!

S

1 comment:

Holly said...

oh, I'm sorry that she's sick!! Both Jaden and Asher have nasty colds that turned into a sinus infection, but I'm wondering if it might not be something more bc neither of them are getting better. Granted, Asher has only been on the meds for a day, but Jaden has been on them since Thursday or Friday, and I haven't seen a change in him yet. Sick kids are no fun, and this weather sure doesn't help! I hope Caroline gets feeling better soon though!!!!