Monday, February 12, 2007

Hear My Soul

That is the name of the cd that Josh Buck and some musicians from our church made as a fundraiser for our L3 service. I really love that song, I mean I listen to it at least 25 times a day and often rewind a certain part in the song where Josh is playing the guitar so intriqutely and beautifully that its truly worshipful to me. ME, the person who truth be told, really struggles with singing at church and other places too. I just have trouble getting into it and I often find myself being so critical of the musicians. But, and I am not just saying this, when Josh led music at LCC, I would get so excited to see him. Even Jeff, whose adversion is worse than mine sometimes, would state gleefully..."Oh, good its Josh" when he saw him.

Anyways, as Shelly has of late asked for specific prayers for his fingers, I think of that particularly when I hear his fingers magestically play that song and to hear his words

Hear my soul Lord
Sing to You
Words of praises to worship you
I pour out my heart Lord and sing to You
Fill it up Lord with more of You
Holy Lord, I worship You
Holy Lord, I praise You

This is just parts of the song, and I might not have it all right, but the point is to me that one of the many lessons Josh and Shelly are teaching me through their perserverance is that Josh continues to pour his heart out and fill it up with Christ, even in his darkest hours...even though he can't play the guitar and has no guarentee that he ever will again...

I continue to pray that God will restore those fingers, those hands, all parts of Josh Buck to glorify him in that way again..but also know that if not, he will anyways in a new way. Please pray for them!

S

No comments: