Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wow

I just read the lastest updates on Josh and can barely breathe, I am in such awe of that family, especially Josh. He is taking this latest tragedy with such steadfast conviction of faith. I don't know Josh at all. Jeff and I started going to LCC right when he and Shelly left to start Greenhouse. But, I feel through Shelly's blog and her comments on my blog and relationships with people at LCC that I know a little bit about him through their stories of him...what a true example of how to live and walk the Christian faith.

I have written so many blogs on how afraid I am of situations like what has occured to the Bucks happening to me. In fact, I have wasted a lot of time worrying. Reading what Josh had to say about how he feels about what happened and his response is so encouraging and convicting. How weak is my faith if I don't believe that. I am studying Romans in BSF right now and wouldn't you know that Monday night we talked about suffering and how its all for the good and glory of Christ. How we can't always understand why some families have to suffer more, we will find out in the eternal life what it all was for. One of the study exercises was to write Romans 8:38-39 over with what we fear. I wrote, " For I am convinced that not even losing Matthew, Caroline or Jeff, can seperate us from his love. Death can't and life can't The angels won't and all the powers of hell itself can not keep God's love away. Our fears for today, our worries about tommorrow or where we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean-nothing will ever be able to seperate us from the love of God demonstrated by our Lord Jesus Christ when he died for us."

I believe that and know that its making my relationship with Christ as strong as I can make it !That is the only thing that will see me or any of us through this life!

S

No comments: