Sunday, January 21, 2007

Power of Prayer

Hi
I continue to always be in awe of God...as my last post told you, Josh Buck, the old youth pastor at our church was in a serious diving accident in Mexico on Thursday. He was taken to Miami and had emergency surgery on Friday night. He was on a ventiliator and the doctors said it would be about 10 days until he got off it, only 2 days later he is off! PRAISE GOD!! We has a prayer vigil Friday night and again tonight in his honor. Tonight was so powerful to witness and truly feel God's prescence in the sanctuary. You knew that He heard our prayers and each person in that room believes fully that Josh will make a 100% recovery and God's power to accomplish that.

Last night Jeff and I had to go to a party for a friend of ours who finished his MBA. I was talking about Josh with my friend who is an ER doctor and she was greatly encouraged by what I had to told her about his progress. I then said, "We just have to keep praying and have faith that God will heal him" She looked at me kind of weirdly and said, " I think that God dosen't ever say This person will die or this person will be paralayzed, I think life just happens and its how you respond that shows your faith. I then asked, "So you don't think God hears and answers prayers?" She said no. I walked away feeling so badly for her, what a scary world it would be if I believed that our God didn't care about and hear and answer each and every prayer that is spoken to him!

I believe that Josh Buck will regain 100% of his faculities! I believe that our God that is capable of creating this amazing world can accomplish anything! I can't wait to tell my friend of Josh's recovery and glorify and praise God for what He accomplished!

S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying right there w/you!