Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Bonded

Hello
Some of you might not believe this, but yesterday after posting my woes, I seriously had such a transformation on how I felt about Caroline....it was like everything suddenly clicked and I felt like I was looking at her for the first time. Good thing too because we had a rough evening and night and I think if I wasn't feeling that way it would have been way worse. After spending over and hour crying hysterically, to the point that Jeff and I were going to take her to the ER, she just had the weirdest look on her face like she was in so much pain. She hadn't pooped in a long time again (5Days) and I had given her a suppository, TMI, I know. Well, it didn't work she still hadn't pooped this morning and I felt like everyone was telling me something different. So, I called the nurse and she had me bring her in and her is the 411,

It could be a few different things

1. She just is digesting the breast milk so well that she can go several days without one, this is what several people have told me and the lactation people insist this is all that is happening.
I know that this was the case with Matthew.

2. Her thyroid isn't functioning properly. To rule this out, she just has to have a blood test. If its not, she has to take meds for it.

3. She has something wrong with her colon where the nerves don't work and that part, which is at the bottom and basically gives you the " I have to go" feeling and has to be surgically removed! YIKES!

I went to Bronson to talk to the lactation people b/c she wasn't latching on and apparently I am a milking machine, they were very impressed, Kudos to myself:) They gave me some tips on handling her when she gets testy and when I left I felt much better. I am thinking there isn't anything really wrong with her and am happy that I felt so worried because it reminds me how much I love my sweet Caroline! I also went to my MOPS meeting and am just so blessed by that group!

1 comment:

Josh Buck said...

I've been gone too long! Two posts since I checked last. I know a lot of the times we moms like to act like life is so easy and we fall right in love with our babies, but it's not always the truth. We fear being judged by others, looked at as though we don't love our kids, or are just not a good mom. We all know the above are not even remotely true, but we fear them all the same. I am really impressed with your honesty and have to say you are a shining example to all of us moms that may be having a hard time with our kids! Caroline will be in my prayers, hopefully she just gets the pooping thing figured out and she's all good to go!