Sunday, August 06, 2006

Go Ahead and Look Lady

Hi All,
Ok, on Saturday, Jeff, Matthew and I went to Old Country Buffet with Grandma Barb. It was like nine in the morning and there was hardly anyone there. Matthew has just become annoying to take out, he use to be so content just being out and eating...not so much anymore. He has taken to throwing his food lately, at which point we take away his food, but still its mildly annoying. So, he was actually being good, for a 15 month old and these people who were sitting kitty corner from us that looked like they were in their 70's and were with their grandson who looked to be about 10 kept staring at us and shaking their heads. SO ANNOYING! Matthew was sitting in his seat playing with a balloon for like 30 minutes of our 45 meal. I don't know if its the pregnancy hormones or just "witchiness" in general, but I was like 2 seconds away from going up and saying, " What is your deal?" Obviously you have had children and your with your grandchild who I assume was 15 months old at one point, meany!" I mean we were at OCB!! If you want a peaceful, quiet breakfast, go to ....you know what just stay home! Uggh!
Matthew has taken to severe tantrums lately when he is taken out of someplace he is having fun. Yesterday, it was when we were outside and came in he screamed for 25 minutes. Today it was leaving church! Oh Goodness! Very strong willed that one. I will tell you when you see you child exhibit some of your not so flattering character traits, got to say, SCARY! I always look at Jeff in these moments and say,"Look at your son!"

S

1 comment:

Holly said...

I know those feelings!! We've actually taken Jaden out of the resturaunt for a time-out during a meal w/my in-laws. They were impressed b/c 1. we disciplined him and 2. b/c it worked (which is the most shocking part...lol)! I will admit, my son has my strong will, but if it's shaped correctly, it can become an asset and not a liability!