Sunday, August 20, 2006

The best laid plans....

Hi

Well, I was really looking forward to this past weekend and as I sit typing this I am thinking, "Gosh this weekend really sucked" :) Jeff and his friend Pat went to Chicago on Friday to go to the PGA that was playing at my dad's country club. Jeff has been so excited for like five months about this. So, I thought I would take the opportunity and go visit some of my girlfriends and their kids. Well, as I was driving up to Flushing on Friday afternoon,I started feeling like some major allergies were coming on, I have really bad fall allergies. When we got to my friend Liz's all heck broke loose, I started sneezing, running nose, yuck!! I attempted sleeping on their pullout next to Matthew's pack and play, well forget about it! A pregnant lady can not sleep on a pullout!! I seriously got like 20 minutes of sleep. Sat was raining and humid and I felt worse than Fri, we went out to breakfast and to a play thing at the mall and then I decided I couldn't go back to their house with the dog, who I thought was causing all these nasal issues. I headed to Lansing to see my friend Pam, whose husband, Pat was with Jeff and made it till 6pm when my whole body was overtaken by chills and achiness, I decided that I just wanted to go home. Pam seemed bummed but understood. I packed Matty up and we drove home. I put him down at 7:30 and went to bed at 8:30!! I felt like I was 8 years old again. Then, I woke up at 1,wide awake and stayed that way. Matthew also woke up crying like 5 times, which he never does, so I was glad he was in his own crib, because being in a strange house could have made it way worse. This morning, I was tempted to go to church, just to let him have some fun in the nursery but couldn't muster up enough energy to get off the couch. Its no fun being sick and a mommy,especially a pregnant mommy. Oh yah, I also had a mini panic attack around 2am when the baby was really quiet and wouldn't move no matter how much I pushed on her. Finally she kicked me rather hard like four times, as to say, " KNOCK IT OFF MOM!! I am sleeping and you barely ate all day what do you expect!!" I miss my mom!!

S

No comments: