Friday, July 07, 2006

Names

Hello
Ok, if you read my blog, please help me out here. I was pretty sure about naming the baby Caroline but now I am seriously considering Catherine again. I think Katie is cute, especially with my middle name, my maternal grandma's maiden name, Carlyle. She was an amazing women! Such an amazing Christian, mother, Episcoplian. I think alot about her lately. I had considered Leslie Carlysle, because my mom had a sister who died of cancer at age 5. My grandma and I had a lot of great talks about what that was like for her to deal with and how it affected her as a Christian and in her personal like,especially her marriage. My grandfather had made a "deal" with God that if she lived he would do anything and when she didn't he refused to go to church anymore. He died when I was 7 so I never got to ask him where he was with that. I hope he came back, I pray he did! Wooh, tangent! Anyways, I am not so crazy about Leslie though. Either is Jeff. So is Katie Carlyle cuter?? Come on and let me know !!

In other news, please pray for my L3 team, I can't get anyone to join it! We have 3 members now and one is leaving in Sept and then I will be out for 6 weeks because of the baby!! Transistions. YUCK A ROO!

S

2 comments:

Holly said...

I think Catherine sounds good, but you had your heart set on Caroline. Go w/whatever your heart tells you. When we were picking out Asher's name, I found lots of names that I liked, but nothing fit. Shaun found Asher, and at first I was like, no I don't like it! But, as I kept searching, that name kept popping up. One day, it just hit me, my baby was to be named Asher, no questions, I just knew.

Heather said...

Hi Sue this is Heather from church! I saw your blog on Carrie's and thought I'd check it out! *smile* We have one too if you'd like to check it out.

Now for names... I agree w/ Holly. Go with the name your heart tells you. Jamie and I found Trever's name easily b/c it is his grandfather's middle name and then my grandfather's middle name. They were so honored!!

With Faith Elizabeth her's is a different story altogether. We first were going to do Emma Grace and for 7 months of the pregnancy that was going to be her name. Then in March I was really feeling like Emma wasn't supposed to be her name. A few weeks later another couple in church had a baby and name their daughter Emma. (It sealed the deal for me that she wasn't going to have that name.) Then we battled w/ names. What I like, Jamie hated and vice versa. Finally one day he came home w/ the top 1000 girl names for 2002 from social security. We each took out a highlighter and picked names we liked. Jamie looked it over and saw that we each highlighted Faith Elizabeth. As soon as he said it out loud we knew exactly then that was her name! It fit perfectly for her.

With Elijah we wanted to take the first two's middle inital E and bring it the front. We also wanted something Biblical. Immeadiately we came up with Elijah James (middle name after daddy.)

Okay I know this was a long, long blog *smile* but thought I would share w/ you how it all came about. In each one we ended up going w/ our heart and feel like we named them perfect!!! I know you will do the same.

Oh and by the way I like Caroline. It is beautiful!